Monday, May 4, 2009

Funny Stories

Today's FM hostess is the fun loving karisma and this is her assignment.........


Your task.........We all know our kids and pets are often a great source of amusement to us at the best of times. I want to hear a funny, silly or just downright cute story about your pets or your children. Have they ever done anything to totally embarrass you in public? Have they done something you thought was outrageous at the time, only to laugh at it later? Have they outwitted you in some devious way, only the way a kid can? Come on, out with it! Lets hear the juicy gossip!For those of you who are too lazy to write, how about posting some funny pictures instead! (Must be of your pets or offspring though!) Have fun with it.


I had to really think about this one, while I have many funny stories through the years, this one keeps popping into my head. Its about being put on the spot by your Kid!

Once upon a time way back in 1978 our family went on a camping trip in Pa. We were big campers back then and always enjoyed our time outdoors. Our two daughters were 6 and 9 at the time, the perfect age to learn about nature. Usually we would go to the state Parks and the ones in Pa. were the nicest. They always had activities for the kids, like nature hikes, bird watching and our favorite was........................




the group campfire. A park ranger would tell stories and sing camp songs. This one particular time, the ranger in charge asked if anyone knew a song about nature. Well, my youngest raised her hand and said, my Mom knows one. So you guessed it, I had to stand up in front of the crowd and sing this song... talk about being put on the spot. I am just glad I remembered all the words and here it is after all these years....

The Little Skunk Song





I stuck my head in a little skunks hole
and the little skunk said well bless my soul
you better take it out or you'll wish you were dead
remove it!
Well I didn't take it out and the little skunk said
you better take it out or you'll wish you were dead
remove it!
Well I didn't take it out and the little skunk said
you better take it out or you'll wish you were dead
well I didn't take it out and the little skunk said
pfffffffffffffff, I removed it!


incidentally...it STINKS!!!!!


Thanks for the fun Memory Tray!

Now go see some more funny stories click here





13 comments:

m (the misanthrope) said...

Hahahahaaaaa!! Hilarious! I missed the FM boat this week. Thanks for the story, and happy FM to you!

Hootin Anni said...

That is darling....how funny.

HAPPY FUN MONDAY.

Living Life said...

I remember that incident well, even though I was only 9 years old. And, I still remember the song too!

Tracy said...

I don't really remember that but I must have been proud of you for knowing that song. Too bad Dad didn't have a video camera at the time. That would have been fun to look back on.

Peter said...

That story is on the nose.... funny though.

Pamela said...

Aw... what a cute song.

Karmyn R said...

Talk about getting put on the spot! The song was cute.

Faye said...

Well this is a twist! Doesn't the "volunteering" usually go the other way around? At least you didn't disappoint your daughter by refusing to share your special song! Good Mom.

Cazzie!!! said...

LOL, that was an awesome way to start my day with a big old laugh, have a great day to you also :)

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Oh my goodness, that girl! Nothing like being put on the spot. I hate it when LB asks in front of the friend, if she can have a sleepover. ;0)

karisma said...

LOL! Cute song! Funny, I keep hearing that pfffffttttt noise a lot today!

Thanx for playing!

Sayre said...

Now THAT is being put on the spot!

John Atkinson said...

That's a good one. Here's one on us.

A bearded preacher visited to invite us to his church. Our three year old granddaughter ran in the room with a trash can over her head, did a skillful fall to the floor and rolled up to the preacher yelling at the top of her lungs, "Help me Jesus!"