Friday, July 9, 2010

Frugal Tips on Staying Cool in a Heat Wave

Just thought I would share a few of my secrets on staying cool while saving money this summer! First of all go to the nearest snowball/ice cream stand.(we have one just around the corner from our house)!
Next...purchase the snowballs...but don't let the kids have them until you take a photo of them..see that chocolate one...that's mine! Eat the snowballs at the picnic area so you can just leave the mess of the spilt snowball juice there.(the ants n bees will take care of the cleanup)
Next, take the kids back to your home, but don't tell them you have a pool. Let them watch a movie in the air conditioned house while you sneak out on the patio!

AAAhhh...cool and relaxing and quiet.



The price of the snowballs $1.50 each...one baby pool $5
the cool refreshing time in the pool...priceless!!!

7 comments:

These Nine Acres said...

Great idea! Although the pool has to be in the shade at those temps!

George said...

This is a cute post! Thank you -- I really like it.

anecdotes said...

This is just a test to see if blogger will post my comment.

anecdotes said...

OK. It did. Now for my real comment:
I thought the third photo was the top of a snowcone, until I saw the next one with your feet in it.
Looks just like luscious blue with sprinkles.
Just wish we had a snow cone "machine" around the corner from us.
~sWaMpY~

Tracy said...

Oh, so that's why you couldn't help Gabby with her reading. You sneaked out to relax by the pool.

The Church Lady said...

You are so lucky to have a pool. It certainly is a great way to cool off in the hot summer time!

Thena said...

Oh my. It would not do for me to have a place to get a snowcone right around the corner. I would be there everyday. Watermelon is my favorite. That is one thing we make sure we do when we go to the beach house.