Monday, November 9, 2009

How's your Day going



Our most gracious Hostess this week is our friend Grace. and she wants to know...

Your Day: please describe to us your typical weekday, from when you wake up until when you go to bed, what do you do to get you up and going, how do you wind down in the evening and what happens in your life in between those times. For some of us, the drama is in the mornings and evenings and for others, it is during the day.

Well now...since I am retired most of my mornings are about the same...I like to rise n shine around 7am....my hubs is always the first one up and he makes the coffee every morning. I get out of bed, go potty, splash my face with cold water to get the sleepy man out, and head downstairs for my first cup of coffee ...this is my favorite time of day. Did I ever tell you what a great coffee brew my hubby makes everyday. I never know what blend it will be, he likes to mix it up.. he uses regular and mixes it with different flavored coffees like hazelnut, vanilla, pumpkin spice, chocolate, cinnamon, caramel swirl, just to name a few. After getting my coffee, I sit n stare at the t.v. watching the Today show and slowly wake up while sipping my delicious brew. Two cups is my limit...by now I am wide awake and ready to take on the day. I get my lap top and check...email...go visit my blog buddies...check face book and tend to my farm (farmville) on face book. I then start laundry and have my breakfast, which is usually cereal. My Hubs makes the bed everyday also (am I lucky or what!!!) I clean up the breakfast dishes and then I will make my daily phone calls...most of the time to my two daughters or my sister or friends. Next, I look at the clock and say OMG its 11am already and I am not even dressed. So I get dressed and get myself to the gym for my daily workout. This is when I run errands also. When I get home, I will have a lite lunch finish up laundry, watch Dr. Phil n Oprah and then its time to start preparing dinner. On days I watch my youngest grand daughter I clear my calender so I am prepared to spend quality time with my sweet little angel. I am pretty flexible so lots of my days vary according to my plans. We eat dinner most every nite at 6pm...clean up dishes and now that its dark at that time...I watch the evening news, read my mail.. play on the computer, get my shower around 8pm and settle in to watch my favorite shows for that night. I head on up to bed anytime between 9pm n 10pm. Most nights its lights out and time to get some zzzzz's by 10 pm. Now go see how the rest of the crew spends their day. Thanks for hosting Grace!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing life. :)

Living Life said...

Ahhh, the life of a retiree!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

:0) What a fun life you lead. I am so glad you are active in your retirement! LOVE YOU!

Sayre said...

You, Faye and Gattina make retirement sound so wonderful! I probably have about 20 years to go before I can enjoy that kind of life, so for now, I will just daydream...

wendishness said...

It sounds great to me, nothing wrong with that, as Sayre says, you make it sound like retirement is fun!

Jill said...

sounds nice to do what you want, when you want.

Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

Maybe someday my hubs will do a little more...

Maybe not!

m (the misanthrope) said...

Like I told Faye - retirement means that YOU call the shots as to how your day goes. I can't wait ;-) Thanks for sharing - and oh, beautiful clematis (sp) by the way! I agree, it's unusual for November, but how about today's weather? Late summer-esque, no?

gracie said...

I LOOOVE your schedule. It seems like you keep busy and have fun at the same time. thanks for playing -grace

Faye said...

We are so lucky to be able to retire while still young and healthy enough to enjoy, aren't we? A good day for me is one with no appointments or need to leave the house. Love just being able to drift from one thing to another. What kind of workout do you do at the gym, Janis? My newly retired friend S has just started taking a water aerobics class. She gives it good marks.

Jan n Jer said...

Faye...my work outs at the gym consist of 20 minutes on the treadmill..4.0 incline and 3.9 speed. and then I do the weights (life fitness) resistance training. I try to do aerobic everyday.