Monday, October 12, 2009

Gadgets Gadgets Gadgets


FUN MONDAY

Our new friend wendishness has agreed to host this week and here is her challenge.....

This week it’s all about gadgets! I would like to know what gadgets you can’t live without and those you could get rid of. It doesn’t matter what part of your life or house they dwell in, whether it’s the kitchen, your desk, shed or any other place but what works well for you and what doesn’t? I would prefer you take photos but I know for some that’s not always as easy s0 do whatever works for you.
The first gadget I could not live without is my trusty camera. I have always loved taking photos to preserve the memories of special occasions with family and friends. Here lately I love to capture the beauty of nature all around us. So my camera has become my steady companion.
The other gadgets I could not do without are...my laptop for working on my blog and communicating with friends and family. Of course "Google" for information. The next thing is my garage door opener....I admit it...I am spoiled...we are lucky to have a two car garage and it is like heaven to be able to pull into your garage when its pouring cats n dogs! Not to mention bringing groceries in. My Ipod is also at the top of my list....it has all my favorite music on it and I love to walk after dinner while listening to my Ipod. Last but not least is my cell phone...although to be honest...I could most likely live without one....I do feel safe having it with me when I am on the road..but really don't like to talk on it....especially when I am in the store...I really don't think other people like to hear my conversations. That is all the gadgets I own and use. The only other one I can think of is the TV remote which makes life easier and lazier, but I think it's safe to say that we all love our remotes! Now go see some other popular gadgets. Thanks again to Wendishness for hosting.

15 comments:

Faye said...

Today's Fun Monday topic is confirming something I already knew about myself. Retired people need to own a computer. Can you ever imagine daily life without the fun of blogging, googling, and general interneting? I couldn't. I fear I would be a pest to my real life friends if I didn't have a computer. I find myself getting attached to virtual friends, being interested in their activities and hoping things go well with them. Almost like in the real world! Bring on the gadgets, friend!

Pamela said...

YES! the garage door opener. Forgot about that little necessity.

(The weather is cold and begonias are in there now, so I can't leave it open -- not that I did much because of stray cats.)

Jill said...

I will definitely be glad for an attached garage that leads right to our pantry and kitchen for unloading kidling and groceries when the weather is bad!

Sayre said...

I love my digital camera. I was always a camera nut and used to carry around a big Nikon with a big lens - but no longer! Now I keep my little canon in my purse!

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a theme here...we all seem to love these gadgets.

LadyStyx said...

Hey! A camera just like mine!! Love it.

ChrisB said...

I'm right there with you on the camera and computer and agree with everything that Faye has said.

Living Life said...

All of those gadgets are necessities in my life! Isn't technology magnificent?

wendishness said...

You know the best thing about having a computer - retired or not - is finding all these new friends you never knew you could have!

These are great gadgets...what is it that you sit the laptop on?

Wahhhhh I want a garage door opener, oh hang on, we don't have a garage! Okay next house maybe! ;)

Kim said...

I'm a new guest -- But thanks for reminding me of the garage and t.v. remotes. If we don't have the t.v. one, we just sit there and watch whatever is on -- too lazy to get up.

Once I forgot to take my garage remote out when the car was in being serviced. What a hassle to get in and out of the car! Never forgot again.

Peter said...

Technology makes slaves of us (or is that fools) but who would want to live without any of it?

m (the misanthrope) said...

I missed the FM boat this week but I'm enjoying snooping around everyone else's gadgets! Very cool computer. I have an ASUS eeePC that I absolutely cannot do without. And woot for garages!!

Thank you also for your very kind words on my artwork :-) The pic I took was pretty lousy but I really was happy with how my drawing came out. I'll keep posting - it's a good incentive for me to keep drawing!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Love all of those gadgets as well. It is funny how many of them have become necessities now days!

Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

I got a taste of life without a computer and without blogging after hurricane Ike.

Yeah, I don't wanna go back there...

Anonymous said...

love my camera too, I don't use it as much as i should