Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day


God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers!
Happy Mother s day to all my Friends, Family and Blogger Moms!



ORIGIN OF MOTHERS DAY

The second Sunday in May is traditionaly celebrated as Mother's Day not only in the United States, but also in other countries including Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Australia and Belgium. Mother's Day in fact is celebrated in more than 40 countries around the world. Wearing a white carnation is to honor a dearly departed mother, while wearing a pink carnation honors a living mother

2 comments:

WillowMoon said...

Happy Mothers Day to you also!

I have never worn a carnation on mothers day at all. But at least now I know why the little old ladies in my grandfathers church when I was a kid growing up wore them and why.
Thank you for sharing that little tid bit with us.

Living Life said...

Thanks for the interesting facts about Mother's Day. I had a very nice "Mother's Day Weekend" too.