Monday, November 3, 2008

Fun Monday


Our hostess for Fun Monday this week is Beedancer Her assignment is write why you blog, how you got started or why and why do you keep it up! Also, post a picture of one person/place/thing that symbolizes the town or area you live in.


I have only been blogging since September 13, 2008. My Niece in-law over at Nine acres has been blogging for some time now, and I have been following hers. Next, My daughter The church Lady started her blog and I enjoy hers. One day as I was viewing one of the blogs, I just happen to click on "create blog". I figured it didn't hurt to try it, up until then, I did not think I was computer literate enough to do a blog. Well here I am and loving every minute of it. The blogging bug has bitten me, my hubby says I need "Bloggers anonymous" is there such a thing? It has been so much fun visiting the different blogs and seeing their perspective on life. Now my other daughter count your blessings has jumped on the band wagon as well as my son-in-law The Freedom Writer. We have become a blogging family that is for sure. I think it is a good way for friends and family to stay in touch besides e-mail. My computer skills have soared and I'm thinking, why didn't I do this a long time ago. I intend to keep on blogging as long as I can.



The things that symbolize Hanover today is the diverse healthy mix of manufacturing, trade and agriculture. It's a fitting tribute to the strong work ethic and dedication of its earliest settlers, the Germans. Hanover is named for Hanover, Germany. On Nov 18, 1863 President Abraham Lincoln stopped in Hanover on his way to Gettysburg (18 miles away) to deliver his most famous speech The Gettysburg address. Hanover is one of the largest retail areas in Pennsylvania and one of the largest manufacturing regions. Hanover also bears another distinction, it is the "snack food capital" home to nearly one dozen brands, including Utz potato chips and Snyder's pretzels.


9 comments:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

You guys are like snack food heaven! YUM! *smooch* Love you!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Cool. I love finding out what makes cities and towns "tick". They each have their individual heartbeat that makes them unique.

Thank you for encouraging words at my blog. It's a difficult path, but one I must take. I salute you for your recovery because I've had a pretty good glimpse at the hell you went through. Please reach around and pat yourself on the back for me.

Faye said...

It doesn't take much for we retired people to need blogger's anonymous, does it Janis? My friend sent me the blogger address and I clicked on "set up an account" and within an hour had it set up. Oops! what to do next? I think it's great that so many of your family members have gotten on the blog bandwagon. What an excellent way to keep connected with family and friends. So much more satisfying than telephones or email.

I have some of your Snyder scoochie snacks in my kitchen right now--butter pretzels. Yum!

ChrisB said...

Yes I see many similarities between your reason to blog and mine.
The Hanover connection to Germany is very interesting as is the info about the fast food. Another good reason to blog is you pick up a lot of information.

Sayre said...

Mmmmm.. pretzels...

My son has suggested that I spend too much time on the computer. What does he know? :0

Melanie said...

There is such a thing as Bloggers Anonymous!! I started a little Bloggers Anonymous club over on my Livin' With Me blog. There's a little button to add to your blog to say you're a part of it- and a whole list of people who've already joined. Check it out: http://livinwithme.com

Melanie from http://ourhappyhappenings.com

Rob Pannell said...

Love the pictures. Well done

Unknown said...

Isn't that cool - a blogging family! And wow, from the snack food capital of the world - I love those pretzle thingys Hanovers makes!

Alison said...

welcome to blogging...yes..it is very addicting!!

I never knew that about Hanover, interesting facts!!